We are proud to unveil our latest innovation: the dermaviduals Décolleté Cream. Designed specifically to restore to the delicate skin of the neck and décolleté.
New to the dermaviduals portfolio but much like our other skincare products, the Décolleté Cream’s purpose is to maintain the natural skin barrier and prevent signs of premature ageing, through the use of corneotherapeutic formulations.
Why do our neck and décolleté need special care?
The neck and décolleté are often neglected in skincare routines, yet they require extra attention due to their unique characteristics:
- Delicate Skin: The skin on the neck and décolleté is thinner and more delicate than facial skin. It tends to have fewer oil glands, making it prone to dryness and dehydration.
- Increased Vulnerability: The neck and décolleté are frequently exposed to the sun as well as other environmental stressors. Neglecting care for these areas can lead to the development of fine lines, wrinkles and pigmentation.
- Reduced Collagen and Elasticity: As we age, the production of collagen and elastin begins to decline, causing loose skin and the formation of wrinkles and fine lines.
Regardless of the amount of time and energy we invest in caring for our face, neglecting our neck and décolleté will ultimately reveal the undeniable signs of ageing!
Central to the dermaviduals philosophy is corneotherapy – a specialised approach in skincare that focuses on maintaining and restoring the skin’s natural barrier function and overall health. The key principles of corneotherapy involve understanding the skin’s individual needs and using ingredients that support its optimal functioning. Corneotherapeutic formulations aim to repair and strengthen the skin’s barrier, enhance its ability to retain moisture, balance its pH levels, and address specific skin concerns.
Developed with the dermaviduals unique derma membrane structure (DMS), we’ve used a blend of skin-mimicking ingredients that work to strengthen the first lines of skin barrier defence, to enhance the skin’s resilience.
This elevated and science-led perspective means that it is the preferred alternative to regular body lotions and can offer additional skin-caring benefits and extended care for the neck and décolletage.
The Décolleté Cream is enriched with powerful antioxidants, including Kigelia, Coenzyme Q10, and Hyaluronic Acid. These antioxidants combat oxidative stress, reducing environmental stressors and promoting sustainable skin health.
Loaded with antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, Kigelia provides firming, tightening, and capillary strengthening elements to the formulation as well as other benefits including:
- Reduces the signs of ageing, including the development of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves uneven skin tone and laxity
- Triggers cell regeneration leading to a renewed complexion
- Improves skin barrier function
In addition to Kigela Extract, Hyaluronic Acid maintains optimal hydration and supports cell regeneration. This combination ultimately results in plumper, lifted, and strengthened skin.
Additionally, the cream contains Coenzyme Q10, which supports cellular health and function, reducing the degradation of collagen and elastin responsible for the development of lines and wrinkles.
How to incorporate the Décolleté Cream to your skincare routine
We recommend the following steps:
- Cleanse your face, neck and décolleté
- Spritz the skin with your specified Treatment Tonic or Lotion
- Actives such your serum/s should be applied to your face
- Moisturise your face with your DMS Base Cream, Gel or Vitamin Cream Mask
- Massage the Décolleté Cream from your chest up to your neck
- Apply SPF to your face, neck, and décolleté for added protection
Providing specialised care and attention to the neck and décolleté area will help maintain optimal skin health and improve the skin’s overall appearance, ensuring a more plump, lifted and hydrated complexion.
Apply your Décolleté Cream gently in an upward, and outward direction motion to help create a subtle lifting effect. Using downward or horizontal movements tends to tug and pull at the skin, which can aggravate wrinkles and loose skin.
Elevate your application by massaging the Décolleté Cream into the skin until it is completely absorbed. This exercise promotes the circulation of blood to the chest and neck, enhancing the delivery of oxygen to the cells of the skin, resulting in a brighter complexion and a healthier glow.
Speak with your Skin Treatment Therapist about the new dermaviduals Décolleté Cream. Search our clinic finder to locate a Corneotherapist near you!